Several years ago, I started a tradition of emailing my friends a list of "Things To Be Thankful For". This year, I'll expand this to my blogging. After all, many of us are middle class people have a lot of things that we may take for granted (jobs, families, money, cars, etc).
From my perspective, we shouldn't take these things for granted. Any things we have could be taken from us at anytime. We need to appreciate these things more greatly than we do sometimes.
In any case, here's my list of things to be thankful for this year:
- Family - This one is an obvious one. Without family, I wouldn't be there. Thanks to mom and dad for supporting me in all that I do. No one's family is perfect including mine but we have to learn to overlook things as we go through our lives.
- Friends - I've gone through plenty of ups and downs throughout my life and every step, I've had good friends to help me through. Beyond some of my closest friends that I've known for years, I am thankful for everyone that I've met and had a chance to associate with in various activities.
- Job - I was laid off in June of 2008. I was hired for a job in August of 2008 but was laid off yet again in April of 2009. I ended up getting rehired at my previous job in September of 2009 and have been there ever since. When you've been through my situation, you get thankful for the job that you have. It's not an easy job but I am thankful for the learning and growth opportunities it has presented in my time since I came back.
- Health - I've been fortunate to be healthy in all aspects of my life and hope that continues in the future.
- Basketball - Really, I could put any sport here. I enjoy being active and sports gives me a workout and I feel like it relives me of any stresses I have in my life. Sports used to be about winning and sometimes I forget this. However, after some tough things this week, sports did give me a release and I felt great afterward.
That's it for this year! Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!